No-one likes paying solicitors' fees. But we think you'll be glad you did. Your licence and your livelihood are worth safeguarding, and we will fight to get you the best result.
If you win your case and are acquitted or the case is dropped it is possible in many cases to claim the legal costs back from Central Funds.
We keep our fees as reasonable as we can, and you will find them very competitive. After all, you are getting the services of a real, experienced lawyer, and not just a trainee or a clerk in a call centre. The cheapest service is not usually the best.
We guarantee hand picked specialist barristers and solicitors to represent you.
If you need to discuss fees or payment arrangements we are always willing to talk to potential clients, and can often come to a suitable arrangement.
The services listed below are just some of the things we can do for you, and an indication of what is involved. Call us on 0800 389 4832 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help you.
INITIAL TELEPHONE ADVICE
Where we will tell you if you have a possible defence or that you are able to challenge the prosecution evidence. If you require representation we will tell you at this stage.
PLEA IN MITIGATION (WRITTEN)
If we genuinely believe that you will be assisted with a Solicitor's letter in Court thereby negating the necessity of personal attendance we will provide this.
PLEA IN MITIGATION - (PERSONAL)
It may well be that we will have to attend with you and present an argument upon your behalf, usually where you are at risk of disqualification having either accumulated 9 points or exceeded the speed limit in excess of 30mph
APPEAL TO THE CROWN COURT
If you happen to have inadequate representation in the Magistrates Court and find yourself disqualified from driving, we will lodge your appeal and apply to have the disqualification suspended pending the outcome of your appeal. Thereafter we will arrange for one of our retained Barristers to present your case at appeal for a small extra charge.
TRIAL IN MAGISTRATES COURT
Many cases are triable and covered with the assistance of a Representation Order (Legal Aid).
For the few cases (including speeding) which are not covered we will enter into an arrangement with you or charge by the hour.
Where successful, we will make a claim for your costs from Central Funds.
Click here to email us
Motoring Offences Fees – Magistrates Court
The following offences are Summary only motoring offences which are dealt with at a single hearing.
- Exceeding the speed limit.
- Failure to stop after an Accident
- Failure to exchange details after an accident
- Failure to provide details of driver on request – s.172 RTA 1988
- Failure to provide insurance details on request
- Failure to be in proper control of your car
- Driving over the prescribed limit of alcohol or drugs
- Using a hand held device whilst driving
- Driving without due care and attention
- Being in charge of a vehicle whilst over the prescribed limit of alcohol or drugs.
- Driving without insurance
- Driving whilst disqualified
- We charge a fixed fee for a summary only motoring offence dealt with in one hearing. The fees are as follows:
For Half a Day at Court
Senior Solicitor - £450 plus VAT
Partner - £600 plus VAT
Full Day at Court
Senior Solicitor - £800 plus VAT
Partner - £1,100 plus VAT
Additional Costs include
Travel Time to Court £50 plus VAT per hour
Travel costs to Court 45p per mile by car or public transport costs
- Initial telephone conference to obtain instructions and preliminary advice in respect of plea
- Consideration of all Documents provided by you
- Initial communication with Police or CPS
- Thereafter preparation of plea and mitigation ahead of the hearing
- Representation at Hearing.
- Correspondence as to advice and outcome of your case
- If we consider your case comes within special reasons we will seek, were possible, it be dealt with at the first hearing, however, this is beyond our control and at the hands of the Court. In the event that a second hearing is required, this will attract an additional hearing fee.
Price Does not Include
- Taking Statements from witnesses
Your Court date will either be set by the police following arrest or by summons by the Court.